Tawnya Gilreath has an extremely diverse background which makes her particularly well suited to help business owners with their varying legal needs. Tawnya spent 20+ years as an Information Technology (“IT”) professional in capacities ranging from Programmer/Analyst to Director of Information Technology. She owned and operated an IT consulting firm which provided services for businesses ranging in size from small mom-and-pop shops to large corporations such as Agilent Technologies and Investor’s Business Daily.
Following a successful career in IT and wanting a change, Tawnya began looking for other ways to help business owners and realized that the analytical skills she used previously to analyze business processes and procedures could be useful to business owners that wanted to sell their businesses or that wanted to expand through acquisition. Tawnya began a new career as a business broker and the owner/operator of a business brokerage firm. She put her skills to use extrapolating information from business owners to quickly assess businesses and identify potential deal breakers. As the business transaction values increased, she realized that with a broader base of legal knowledge, she would be able to provide superior and more valuable service to her business owner clients. Based on that desire and several other factors, Tawnya made the decision to go back to school and get a Juris Doctor degree.
Today Tawnya is a member of the following legal associations:
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
She is also a member of the following professional business associations, has earned and maintains the certifications indicated, and participates in committees as shown below:
- M&A Source; Certified Merger & Acquisition Professional (CM&AP); Education Committee
- International Business Broker Association (IBBA); Certified Business Intermediary (CBI); By-Laws Committee
- California Association of Business Brokers (CABB); Certified Business Broker (CBB); Board of Directors, Co-Chair of the Education Committee, Instructor
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE); Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Business Enterprise Institute; Certified Exit Planner (CexP)
- ProVisors; Executive Committee
Tawnya is licensed to practice law by the State Bar of California, #304746, and is also licensed by the California Bureau of Real Estate as a Broker, #01313195 and as a Designated Officer for Whizdom Group, Inc. dba LA Business Pros, #01403121.